1. Don't get too pluck happy. You know the drill, it's starts off with some harmless brow tidying and before you know it, your eyebrows are thinner than your chances with Ryan Reynolds. Stop it. Put the damn Tweezers down and reevaluate your life. Is this what you want? Is it? Overplucking is a sin ladies and if you have any hopes of getting into heaven, you need to stop. Try using a nude pencil (like the one they said to use in your waterline but it made you look insane) and use it to colour over the brow hairs you want rid of. That way you get a preview of what your brows will look like before you begin the pluckathon.
2. Draw your brows from the arch, down. Don't start by filling in the parts closest to the bridge of your nose. Guess what, that's the thickest part of your eyebrow anyway so it needs far less attention than those thin outer corners. Start from your arch and pull down to define the outer part of your eyebrow before finishing off with the inner part. This stops you from having heavy inner eyebrows and scraggly outer brows. Win.
3. Don't have a pencil/shadow that's your exact brow colour? Ditch it. Life is too short for mismatched eyebrows, girls. Nobody wants to see dark brown brow hairs on a reddy brown pencil base. Find a good match and don't settle for any colour less than perfect. Treat your brow filler equipment the way you treat your dating life - ie, don't just go with the first one you find.
4. They're sisters, not twins. Your eyebrows don't need to be identical ladies and gents. You wanna know why? Because we have lives to to lead that's why. One of my eyebrows is permanently less on point than the other but I'm not going to cry about it for 40 minutes because I have work to do. Obviously aim for similarity but don't freak out just because they're not identical. You'll end up filling in more and more until it looks like you have a pair of Lincolnshire sausages above your peepers. Ain't nobody got time for that.
5. Practice. Boyfriends are a wonderful specimen. His brows are looking unruly and he didn't immediately scream 'dear god no!' when you suggested you tame them. In fact, he's considering it. Grab your tweezers asap and get to work before he changes his mind. Shaping someone else's eyebrows will help you have a better eye when it comes to your own. Also, men's eyebrow hair is like wire, so it's also a great work out.